Outpatient psychiatry can help you and the people you care about deal with life’s stresses and medical conditions involving the brain, nervous
system, and more.
What You Need To Know About Outpatient Psychiatry
Outpatient psychiatry offers the convenience of getting mental health help when you need it, without the inconvenience of staying in an in-house facility.
Mental Health Conditions Treated on an Outpatient Basis
Outpatient psychiatry can treat a wide range of mental health conditions and diseases, including:
- Alzheimer’s dementia
- Vascular dementia
- Lewy body dementia
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
How Your Psychiatrist at Pelorus Elder & Behavioral Health Can Help
at Pelorus Elder & Behavioral Health begins with a thorough
medical and cognitive evaluation and assessment. Your psychiatrist
may order blood work to determine if there are any underlying medical
conditions causing mental health issues. Imaging studies including an
MRI, CT scan, or other testing to assess brain function may be
Outpatient Psychiatry Treatments Available at Pelorus Elder & Behavioral Health
Depending on the mental health condition, your outpatient psychiatrist may recommend:
- Medication therapy, which can include mood stabilizers, antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs, anti-psychotic medications, and medications to improve memory.
- Psychotherapy, which can include individual or group counseling to teach coping mechanisms to deal with thoughts and feelings
- Lifestyle modification, which can help limit harmful habits and replace them with more positive steps toward a healthy lifestyle
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation or TMS, which can help stimulate specific areas of the brain to produce neurotransmitters affecting mood, memory, and other brain functions
Want To Know More?
To discover more about outpatient psychiatry and how it can help you, call Dr. Matthew Barnas and Dr. Deborah Ocasio at Pelorus Elder & Behavioral Health, proudly serving residents of Galloway, Cedar Knolls, Springfield, and Raritan, NJ, areas. You can reach them in any of their Cedar Knolls, Springfield, or Raritan, NJ, locations by calling (973) 295-6335, so call today.